- Q (On the tub) Does is say manufactured in the U.S.A.? I have bought one from Amazon but I am returning it as it is not an original USA product.
Yes it is manufactured in the USA but has a EU compliant label. On the corner of the label it has the american flag in black and white.
- Q can i take a 100% whey product like this with an all-in-one product?
Yes. Use as needed.
- Q Do you guys sell any protein powders that would be suitable for lactose intolerance.
Soy and Egg proteins are lactose free. Soy is not as effective for muscle gains as egg and whey though (whey is best). Whey "Isolates" are very low in lactose - so low that most people who are lactose intolerant will have no trouble digesting it. Isolates with minimal lactose are: Universal Ultra Iso Whey, Prolab Isolate, Isatori Whey Isolate WPi.
- Q Do you know if you will be getting the new platinum hydrowhey anytime soon and do you think it will be more effective than reflex whey or phd pharma whey?
Yes, we will be getting this at some point but it isn't available in Britain yet.
You should take a look at VP2 by VyoPro. This product is also a premium, hydrolysed whey protein isolate. Not only that but this product has been proven to cause dramatic increases in muscle and strength as compared to other protein products in scientific research. See the links - http://www.tropicanafitness.com/view/p/1096/g/1/v/product/ast_vp2_whey_isolate.htm
- Q Hi again, great site guys! one thing i forgot to mention is that i weigh 230 pounds, at the mo i'm consuming about 100g carbs mainly through oats and Brown Rice and salads, fruit n veg etc. So will the Phd pharm whey would be a better option than the Optimum nutrition? if i'm trying to loose maximum body fat and hold on to much muscle as possible? and is it okay to continue with BCCA 6000 maxx 2 to 3 times a day? will it also be safe and ideal for me to take a CLA product, a Carbs & Fat blocker and green tea and Creakic or would i need to hold back and on one if so which one of these? will you guys be getting the PLATINUM HYDROWHEY in any time soon? Thank you for the advice.
Either of those wheys will work fine. More BCAAs are always beneficial. All of those products will help. In order of which is most effective: 1. Creakic 2. BCAA 3. Green Tea 4. CLA 5. Fat & Carb Blocker.
Yes, Platimun Hydro Whey should be available quite soon.
- Q Hi,
I wanted to know whether or not this product contains L-Arginine?
Would you be able to recomend me a few top protein powders that don't contain this as I have a skin condition that is made worse by this ingredient.
As mentioned , virtually all protein powders and quality protein foods contain arginine. Whey protein contains about 0.5 grams of arginine per 30 gram serving. I believe some research suggests L-lysine may counteract arginine's effects on cold sores and other skin conditions.
- Q Hi,
I was looking for a good protein that doesnt contain L-Arginine in it due to a skin problem. Would you be able to recomend some please?
Unfortunately all protein powders will contain Arginine in some amount.
If you know for sure Arginine is the cause of your skin problem (ie if it's a cold sore, etc) then you could try upping your Lysine. Otherwise just decrease your protein intake.
Stay away from soy, pre-workout products and NO products until the skin returns to normal.
- Q hi,
I just wondering if i can you use Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold as high snack protein just one shake a day, as im eating 8 egg whites and chicken breast I am doing a lot of intense cardio and compound exercises so looking for a protein shake to boost my protein intake? heard really good reviews about this product and also contains a lot amino's. has this shake got the most amino's out of the best brands? I'm trying to reduce body fat as much as possible whilst holding on to the muscle i have gained. I also take Maxx Essentials BCAA 6000 Maxx and glutamine twice a day. Are they other protein shakes that i can take? i like promax but found it way to expensive! Is PHD Nutrition Pharma Whey? any good ( the amino's look low? in it? Sci-MX Pure Protein GRS-5 any good? seems a lot of good reviews? Reflex Micro Whey? or any other brand with high amino's, and low carbs and fat! Thanks!
Generally, unless extra aminos are added to a whey protein, the one that has the bigger serving size (bigger scoop or more scoops), or has a higher percentage of protein and fewer carbs and fat will have more aminos. This is because protein is simply chains of aminos - so protein is made exclusively of aminos.
I think you are comparing the aminos improperly between Optimum and Pharma Whey. On a per gram basis, Pharma Whey has more of the crucial aminos like BCAAs, arginine and cysteine (parly because they have added extra of these aminos to Pharma Whey). When you compare these labels you have to make allowances for the fact that one gives a "grams per 100 gram" amount of aminos, whereas the other gives a "milligram per serving" amount. A serving is only 31 grams and there are 1000 milligrams in a gram.
The other thing you should conseder taking is some kind of creatine product. As you are trying to get lean, go for regular creatine monohydrate powder to add to your shakes or use tablets (the best deal right now is the Creakic, as it is a big serving for a tablet and has lipoic acid).
- Q Hi, I have used a fair few of the big brand proteins; namely sci-mx, reflex (who I find to be useless), maximuscle promax, pharma whey and gold standard. Which do you think is the best overall?
Protein supplements are designed to help you meet your protein requirements, which can improve recovery and muscle growth. The best for gains is Nitro-Tech, as it contains other ingredients beyond just whey protein for muscle gains and has been proven superior to other protein products. However, you have to meet your calorie needs to gain muscle also. Finally, adding creatine to your protein, this will yield increased gains.
- Q Hi, I want to use animal pak + animal stack-found it easier to swallow with protein drink. Did they mix good?
They are fine to take together but you would ideally want to have some other food too as multi vitaminsm, etc are better taken on a slightly full stomach.
- Q hi, im looking to put on mass and i use bsn truemass and muscletech celltech would this be any help to me to stack it with. thanks
Yes. This product would be great to add into any part of your day, especially with breakfast and post workout. We would also recommend you add a Casein product to your stack to ensure a steady flow of amino acids in the blood stream while you sleep which can help enhance recovery.
- Q Hi, when are Mocha and double choc flavours going to be back in stock?
1-2 weeks. Please check web site for availability.
- Q hi..how do i teke whey gold standart,how many times a day.
This depends upon your diet and upon what other supplements you may be taking.
If you eat 3 high-protein meals per day, then take the whey protein in between meals and especially after workouts (with a large amount of carbs).
If any of your meals tend to be moderate to low in protein, take a serving of whey before that meal (for example, if you only have cereal and milk or toast for breakfast, have a whey shake before hand).
If you take a post-workout supplement, then check to make sure it contains enough protein (minimum of 20 grams). If it doesn't, then I would have a shake immediately after training and then your post workout product of choice. Also, any post-workout drink should also contain creatine.
Tropicana's NEW ARTICLES section has numerous articles on how to best use protein and what to take and when.
For the very best and latest information on supplements and the most effective diet strategies and exercise tips, click on http://www.tropicanafitness.com/view/v/articles - which is the "ALL NEW Article Section" on the TropicanaFitness.com website. The info on the site is written by experienced, qualified industry experts and is backed by proper scientific research on what works and what doesn't!
- Q how do i get the free samples to see what flavor i want ,thanks
We don't often get free samples of Optimum products, so not sure where you may get these. You will probably just have to buy a small (909 gram) container, as samples are hard to come by. If you like strawberry, try PhD Pharma Whey - it is probably the best-tasting strawberry whey protein available on the market.
- Q I am currently using PHD Diet Whey as a whey protein, will this O.N. Gold Standard be a good substitute? My goal is fat loss. Thanks
Gold standard is one of the best wheys on the market but it dose not contain the added cal, green tea and L-carnitine Diet whey dose. You may see better results stacking Gold Standard with a decent fat burner like Grenade.
- Q I am new too all this. My goal is to loose weight and tone up. Would someone starting out be ok to use something like Whey Protein and a fat burner like Thermobol? Or a Diet Whey such as Phd Diet Whey with a fat burner?
Yes this is perfectly fine.
- Q I am planning to buy the 4.5kg bag of optimum nutrition gold standard whey, but i want the double chocolate flavour. When will you have this flavour?
The Chocolate flavour is currently in stock.
- Q I have been using ON 100% whey as a my main protein now for a while. I am due to buy some more protein but am not sure if there are better products out there. What do you believe is better than ON 100%whey? I was thinking of going for the ON 24hr pack and given cassein a go
If you go long periods between meals or meals with a lot of quality protein or if you don't eat before bed, then casein/combo proteins are useful. If this is not the case and you take protein after training, then go for whey protein. Basically, Optimum is good but so is Nitro-Tech (probably the best but also expensive), PhD, and others.
- Q Is this product suitable for vegetarians?
Whey protien is derived from milk and is therefore a dairy product. So if you eat dairy, you're fine to have this product. If not, don't.
For the best info on whey protein and amino acids, see - http://www.tropicanafitness.com/view/v/article/a/36 - which is on protein and amino acids and how to best use them.
- Q the best nutrition flavour is .
Strawberry is the best seller but everyone's taste is different, so I wouldn't want to make any guaruntees.
- Q what would you recommend Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard or PhD Nutrition Pharma Whey for seroius gainers???
Optimum gold standard and Phd pharma whey are two of the biggest selling whey proteins on the market. You really can't make the wrong decision by trying either.
If we look at cost per serving then Phd is very good as you receive 90 servings per 2.2kg container as opposed to 77 servings from Optimum gold standard.
Protein content dose differ slightly though as per single scoop Phd only offer 18.5g of protein where as gold standard offer 24g of protein.
Either way both products are winners.
- Q when are you getting the tropical punch flavour back?
We think we should have some in by Friday.
- Q Which is the best product for adding lean muscle?? Optimum nutrition gold standard, Reflex instant whey or PHD pharma whey??
All of these are quality whey proteins. Optimum is a bit more expensive but not superior qlality. Reflex and PhD are similarin terms of levels of protein, carbs and fat but PhD adds taurine, glutamine and BCAAs and tastes better, so I would go with the Pharma Whey.
- Q which would you recommend as a better protien powder for lean muscle growth aswell as size....100% whey gold or nitro-tech(expence is not an issue)....thanks
Both are exceptional protein powders but the difference between the two is Nitrotech contains creatine which will help dramatically with improving muscle size and strength. Alternatively you could purchase a separate creatine product from optimum nutrition and simply add this into your whey protein.
- Q will this make my muscles bigger and stronger?
With the correct diet and training regime, whey supplementation will aid muscle recovery and protein synthesis, but to reiterate, it serves as a supporting mechanism to a good nutrition and exercise routine.
- Q Will you guys be getting Platinum Hydro Whey anytime soon?
Yes, we expect this product in shortly.
- Q Are there any side effects (now or later) which are bad for health beacause of the usage of this product? I started using gym for 2 months (i am a new guy in this field) is it necessary to use this product just now or do i need to use this product after a long period? Thank you ...... Danuka
It is just protein. Think about eating a piece of chicken. Same principle.
- Q are there any side effects of this product? how should i use this correctly? is this the best whey protein product? can i get amazing results through this? please help me!
No there are no unwanted side effects to taking protein at the recommended dosage. This is amongst the top selling proteins on the market. The results will be determined by the goals you are looking to achieve.
- Q Can this product be mixed with milk? Or it it just water?
This product can be mixed with water or milk - it won't affect the effectiveness of the product.
Just be aware once mixed with milk you are adding extra calories, carbs and fats but also extra protein to the mix.
- Q does product contain chicken or meat
- Q Does this product contain any soy?
A small amount, yes.
- Q Does this protein contain any sugar or artificial sweeteners?
Yes, it does - acesulfame potassium and sucralose.
- Q Does this protein help loose weight?
Higher protein (lower carb) diets definitely help with weight loss and there is also research to show that whey protein is particularily good at increasing the feeling of fullness and so be even more effective than standard quality sources of protein.
- Q Hello is this product suitable for lactose intolerants?
it has lactase in which helps with the digestion of lactose. Majority of people with slight lactose intolerances or mild cope well with this product. It often depends on the individual.
- Q Hello! I am just wondering is this product suitable for a 17 year old. Because my son goes to gym every day and other whey proteins I looked for said they are not recommended for use below the age of 18.
Whey protein would be fine for 17 year olds.
- Q Hello,
Just would like to ask if 'Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey 912g' vegitarian.
Yes this product is suitable for vegetarians
- Q hey i was just wondering what is the optimum amount of protein for a PWO shake , i mean could i have 1 scoop on ON GS whey and thats it with a banana ? how much is good , i am going to cut which would be good for me ?
Generally, you need at least 20 grams of high-quality protein to maximize protein synthesis but some studies indicate that more protein may be better (some studies have even gone up to 100g - but that's probably excessive).
Guys usually use between 20 and 40 grams.
- Q Hey, I'm 16 years old and weight 52kg, I really need to gain weight, which supplement is ideal and how many times a day should i take it? Thanks
We strongly suggest you eat more calorie dense foods for proper weight gain as you are still developing. You can add gold standard whey in if you wish.
- Q Hi,
I am about to add "Optimum 100% Whey" in my daily routine and wondering if you can guide me if its ingredient meets my requirement.
If the product is suitable for vegetarians (Milk is ok for me) than its ok for me but if it is not then I want to confirm followings.
Basically I am looking for a “Hillal” product. In case if you are not familiar with term “Hillal” then here is the definition.
If it passes the below mentioned requirements then I will consider it “Hillal” and it will be ok for me.
Product do not include Swine/pork and its by-products
* Animals improperly slaughtered or dead before slaughtering
* Animals killed in the name of anyone other than (God)
* Alcohol and intoxicants
* Carnivorous animals, birds of prey and land animals without external ears
* Blood and blood by-products
* Foods contaminated with any of the above products
This product is Hillal judging by your definition below.
- Q Hi, due to working hours I can only visit the gym after work around 6.30pm, is it ok to take the shake straight after and then have my evening meal after? Also, does it contain any animal fat?
The small amount of fat in this product will come from the whey protein source which would be from milk fat which is derived from animals.
- Q Hi, I am overweight, I currently visit the gym and do cardio with some light weights, I want to lose weight and get fit. I have changed my diet to a balanced healthy one. I was recommended this product would be ideal for me to take as part of my training. Would you agree?
Most definitely, this product is a great way to help you supplement with first class quality protein. If you would like to speed up the rate of fat loss, we would highly recommend combining a fat burner like Grenade, Lipo-6 Black, Xedra-Cut with this product for maximum results.
- Q hi, i was told in Q&A that diet product such as PhD diet whey will not have added VAT i was also wondering does it apply to this protein shake as i plan to buy this sometime in the future just not right now ...and if so how much will it cost post VAT???
Yes diet proteins will not have the VAT increase but all standard Whey proteins will. It will be around an extra £8 on the price.
- Q Hi, I'm a mother of an 18 months old son and still breast feeding him. I do exercise quite often but its hard for me to keep up with my protein intake. Will it be ok for me to use whey protein of any kind or any other supplement while it shouldn't effect my breastfeeding baby at the same time. Your advice will be appreciated. Thanks.
Whilst I cannot see any feasible reason why taking a whey supplement would cause any adverse health effects, and actually, consuming whey (especially a high quality product like Gold Standard 100% Whey) is likely to prove beneficial to your health (and that of your baby), it is always advisable that you consult with your GP, certified health visitor or similar, for clarification.
I hope that addresses your query.
- Q hi, im a pure veggie (no egg or fish) is this product feasible for veggies? and is the lecithin, from a egg or soya?
Just about sure (from looking at the label) that this is fine for veggies. The lecithin is from almost certainly from soy.
However, you may want to try to contact Optimum Nutrition to confirm this.
- Q Hi, trying to work out how much of this stuff to take? Roughly in scoops would be helpful. Have been on cyclone for 2 months
but feel i need a bit more mass. Want to feed my muscle growth. Am 5,11 and around 75 kg and work out about an hour a day plus 30 minute run in the morning. cheers
If it is mass you are looking for then a standard whey protein is not going to help very much. You will need more calories and carbs as well as protein to help promote mass gains. Also if you are training everyday then this to will also hinder results when it comes to muscle growth as rest is just as important as training. Cardio for 30minutes everyday is also too much cardio to promote muscle gains and you will need to consuming around 500-1000 extra calories a day more than you are burning. We would recommend you try Optimums mass gainer “Serious mass” for better results.
- Q How many full spoons fo 100% Gold Standard Whey should i use after a 1 hour and a half of weight lifting?
This product comes with a scoop in the container and one scoop is 24g of protein. Take 1-2 scoops post training.
- Q how would this compare to Myofusion in terms of taking it between meals? Which would stay in your body for longer?
They both consist of virtually the same ingredients, Whey protein concentrate with other forms of whey. The time they stay in your system would be around 1-3 hours before you would need another meal to keep metabolism ticking over. The difference between these two would be taste, and that is down to the individual.
- Q I am 17 years old and my height is 5' 9'' and my weight is 84kg (185 lbs) . I need to loose my weight. i go to the gym 5 times per a week, but still i didnt start cardiovascular excercises, but i hope to do. Is this product more suitable for me? When i start my cardiovascular excercises will my body fat burn with the help of this? Please help me!
Yes cardio is essential for decreasing body-fat but weight is just as, if not more important at burning calories. Add 2 HIIT (High intensity Interval training) sessions a week and the weight will soon start to shift BUT don’t over train. 3 weight training days 2 cardio days or even cardio after weights would be great. This product is perfect as you will be making sure that muscle tissue isn’t sacrificed during your diet.
- Q I am overweight by 4stones and I want to lose weight the correct way without having any excess skin, also would like to tone up my muscles [I dont want to be bulky] and aim for a healthier physique. Would this product help me reach my goals? How often/scoops should I take? Thanks
Losing weight is all about calorie control. If you eat less calories in a day than you are consuming then you will lose weight. This product is great to help fill the gaps and stop hunger cravings as well as preserve lean muscle tissue. Combine this product with a high calorie fat burner like Grenade, lipo 6 black or animal cuts and you’re on the right track.
- Q I currently work out 4 times a week for about an hour and a half each time, I weigh 68kg and I am 5ft10. I am trying to bulk up / gain muscle mass would you recommend this product for me ? If not what should I use to help in gaining muscle mass?
Yes you can use this but would also recommend using Optimum Serious Mass if you goal is to build muscle mass.
- Q I have recently joined the gym and want to bulk up, although im quite largely built i carry quite alot of excess weight. so on joining the gym i have begun dieting i have been told this protein is good but just wanted to know if this will bulk me up aswell as help my diet lose my weight?
Many people e-mail us and want to gain muscle without gaining fat. This is possible when you just start out training or when you come back from time off the gym and possibly if you have fantastic genetics. BUT outside of the above scenarios, it is difficult to gain muscle without gaining some fat!
so you have to decide whether you want to burn fat or gain muscle and then eat and supplement accordingly.
Gold Standard whey is a high quality protein and is ideal for dieting and muscle maintenance.
- Q I was just wondering if BCAA and Glutamine amounts here are recommended daily norms or do I need to combine it with other products?
Whey is naturally very high in BCAAs and contains a good amount of glutamine and glutamic acid (its precursor). If you take 2 servings a day this will be a fairly good dose of BCAA & Glutamine. However, depending upon your goals, training intensity/duration, etc, you may want to add more of these as some bodybuilders and sportsmen do.
- Q I weigh 5kgs and workout for about 1 hour and a half five times a week. How many times a day should i have this supplement?
We are going to assume your mean you way more than 5KG. Protein supplements can be taken as many times a day as needed but we recommend you have solid forms of protein throughout the day and consume up to 3 servings of a protein supplement.
- Q I've been taking Nutrisport Protein+Carbs post-workout, with Nutrisport energy boost 4:1 pre workout, but I'm looking for a whey protein for during the day. I also take creatine, should I take creatine with this product or at different times?
The Protein + Carbs has a minimum dose of creatine but you're better off having an extra serving every other day taken seperately from the Protien + Carbs - perhaps before your biggest meal of the day.
- Q im boy and 60kg and i wanna gain muscles without any fat in belly or arms! if i use this product also with creatine and use natural carbs like potato and else...will i see results? i saw mass gainers have Cholesterols and bring fat which is not suitable!! what do you suggest?
A supplement based purely on protein will not cause you to gain weight; instead, I would suggest you try a weight gainer, such as Mutant Mass 2.2kg, £23.99.
A weight gainer serves to provide a concentrated source of calories derived from carbohydrates, protein and some fats; they usually serve two purposes: to aid in building lean muscle tissue, or to help individuals gain weight who struggle to do this by diet alone.
If your calorie intake is surplus to your body's energy requirements and you do not have a regular exercise routine set in place, then you will gain weight - in the form of body fat (mostly due to the high carbohydrate content of weight gainers). This is advantageous if you are perhaps considered underweight, and are wishing to increase your level of body fat.
However, you will not gain lean muscle mass by taking this product alone; in order to do this, a combination of weight training with the correct intake of carbohydrates, proteins and fats is necessary. Used in this way, a supplement such as the above will help to prevent the breakdown of muscle tissue following exercise, aid recovery/repair, and encourage the storage of macronutrients essential for building muscle.
Please do not believe everything you read in magazines etc. regarding cholesterol - not all cholesterol is bad; in fact, some forms of cholesterol are ESSENTIAL for good health. The same can be said for dietary fats.
Results will be based on a combination of sensible eating habits and the correct training regime, with supplements used to support this basic mechanism.
Please be advised that under most circumstances, I would not advocate that any persons under the age of eighteen take dietary supplements.
I hope the above information assists with your query.
- Q is all 'Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey 912g' falavours suitable for vegitarians ?
Besides possibly the berry flavours, yes.
- Q Is it recommended to have this once or twice a day?
You can take 4-5 servings a day if you wish but you should not be needing to as you should be getting a large amount of your protein from food sources.
- Q Is the chocolate flavour on this site actually known as 'Double Rich Chocolate'? Its just on the offical ON site, it is known as double rich chocolate and thats what it says on the packaging
There are two. Chocolate which is double chocolate. Milk chocolate which is Extreme milk chocolate.
- Q Is there any animal derived ingredients with the exception of fish
The only animal ingredients in this product are from milk protein (whey).
- Q Is this product Gluten Free and wheat free?
Yes this product is gluten and wheat free
- Q Is this product meant for post workout? Also I noticed that it's a suppliment, would that mean that I'd have to substitute lets say lunch or dinner for this instead, or does it work like a recovery shake? Also my workout consists of weight training 3 times a week for 45mins working on separate parts of the body each day, and then a fourth day or fat-burning/cardio. Is this product for me and is this the correct way to gain lean muscle?
This product is suitable for anytime of the day or night pre/post workout and perfect for any lean mass diet.
- Q Is this suitable for vegetarians?
Yes, as long as you are ok to have dairy products.
- Q My weight is 187lbs and i am 5'10" tall. how many scoops do i need to take from this product? how many times do i need to use this on a day? what are the best flavours of this product?
Flavours depends from person to person so we cannot recommend one without it being a personalised preference. You take as many scoops as you need, if you have a high protein diet from food then we presume 1 or 2 would suffice however if your diet lacks protein and amino acids then you can supplement more with this product.
- Q Please is it possible to stock the "Natural" version of this product? It is readily available in the USA and very popular over there. There is a lot of demand for protein supplements that do not contain artificial sweeteners. Are you likely to be stocking the Natural version of this product ("Natural 100% Whey Gold Standard")? Thank you for answering my query.
Unfortunatkey no we will not be stocking this flavour but we do stock Phd natural whey.
- Q This 4.5kg seems to have limited flavours will you be getting this in other flavours like the 2.2kg tub???
The bigger sizes are limited as only the most popular flavours get the demand in the bigger bags.
- Q it seems like you guys dont do muscletech product anymore? i cant find it on your website, please let me know if you stop selling this product.
We no longer distribute Muscletech products, no.
- Q Hello, I just wanted to ask when will be in stack on gold 4,5kg? And do you offer some discounts when buying more supplements? Thanks
Hi we now have 4.5kg bag in stock, we usually have regular deliveries of this brand so keep checking the site. We currently offer a 2% multi buy discount.
- Q Hi guys. I am vegetarian, but I eat eggs and milk. Can I take this kind of protein? Thank you.
Hello Ivan, yes, whey protein is derived from milk, so as long as you allow yourself dairy products, it will fit into your diet perfectly.