- Q Hi
Someone who has been using this for 10 days now has been suffering from constipation - have you had any other reports of this and also what could be causing it? Apart from that she really enjoys using thee product.
We're a bit behind on Q & A after the long weekend. I think you've had a response. Please let us know if there is anything further.
- Q Can i take this in the morning instead of breakfast and then after my workout followed by dinner later in the night ?
For weight loss purposes, this product is meant to "replace" one or two meals per day. However, as long as you take it in place of a meal or a snack that is higher in calories and/or carbs and/or lower in protein, you should get fat-loss results.
- Q Can you add berries to the shake?
Yes, indeed! Berries (in particular) will add important antioxidants, vitamin C and some extra fibre.
- Q Can you half the serving size to one scoop and do you use half the amount of liquid?
If one scoop is all you require then yes. Water is all down to Preference.
- Q Can you use this product with fatburners? (like Cuts) Thanks.
- Q Do i have to excersice if I take this supplement. I cannot afford a gym, so I walk for an hour every night. Will it still help my to loose wait of will I now put on weight for not tending a gym. thank you
If you are using it to replace a meal or two per day, this will help you lose weight because you will be getting fewer calories, more protein and fat-burning ingredients. If you just add it to your diet, you may actually gain weight from the additional calories.
All supplements work better in conjunction with a well rounded exercise plan and diet but cutting your calories and increasing your protein intake is the most important thing for fat and weight loss.
- Q do you still have to take this daily even if you take a day off from working out?
It is advisable that you do so, yes - to maintain consistency.
You may wish to take just one serving on non-training days, however.
- Q Does the calorie content include the skimmed milk or not. I'm still trying to limit myself to a certain amount of calories so this would be really helpful
The nutritional information provided is applicable to the supplement only, excluding milk added.
- Q Hello again, sorry I stupidly forgot to ask this last time but is ultralean diet fuel gluten free? Im celiac and have checked the ingredients and ive come across maltidextron, is this gf?
No problem at all. Maltodextrin can cause problems for some individuals with coeliac disease. I would therefore, advocate avoidance.
For more clarification on this matter, you may wish to contact USN directly. Their email address is: email@example.com.
Alternatively, you may wish to try Cellucor Cor-Performance Whey (available in two sizes) which is definitely gluten-free.
I hope you find this information useful.
- Q hi
i just wanted to know how much sugar is in 1 serving?or sweetner and does this effect weight loss??
It doesn't say on the tub, so we'd assume 11 given that that s the amount of carbs given after the dietary fibre is taken away. If you are looking to go sub 8% percent then potentially sweeteners could limit your fat loss but more often than not you will lose weight if your diet and training programme are good.
- Q Hi
I work out at the gym at 9am-11.30am, would it be ok to work out on an empty stomach then have the shake after my work out.
We would recommened you take one serving 1hr prior to traiing and one serving post-workout.
- Q Hi
Ive recently bought the USN Diet Fuel,Phedra-Cut ultra XT and CLA. I'm using it to replace my breakfast meal. Should I take it first thing when I wake up or take it after my morning workout? Which would be best for results?
If this stack can be consumed 60-90 minutes prior to workout then take first thing. If not then simply take post-workout.
- Q hi
i have just brought Diet Fuel ultralean it does say meal replacement but i dont know how to use it really ive looked on the net and i get different answers.
my plan was to have 3 meals a day 2 snacks but to replace one of the snacks with a shake am not sure if i have brought the wrong shake now.
am now confused what to do ive done my work out and had my shake and skipped lunch but am not sure if thats right
As you will be aware, I have since responded to this query via the personal email address provided.
- Q Hi
could you tell me the best way to use this product along with usn xedra cut?
Take the Xedra Cut 1/2 hour before breakfast and lunch. The Diet Fuel is designed to replace a meal or two, so have it for one or two of breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Q hi
Where can i get a diet plan? do usn have one?
Musclemag is chock full of diet plans so pick up a copy.
- Q Hi i am currently doing exercise for 4 hrs a week and i was wondering how much weight i would be able to lose a week. also, how much food should i eat a day when i replace it with the shake?
It depends on your genetics but a healthy weight loss of around 2lb per week is a good target, we'd recommend try eating 5-7 small meals a day to increase metabolism and keep the fire burning (fat metabolism) Try and have around 2 shakes a day, if you can't fit it more food then replace that meal with a shake.
Weight loss is mainly down to diet.
- Q Hi ive been taking the usn diet whey for weight loss but ive been told to try using the diet fuel but i have noticed it dont contain as much protein,why is this? and would this one be better for me, i work out 5 days a week.
Diet fuel is more of a meal replacement type product which offers slightly higher carbs than Diet whey. Simply decide which is best suited for your diet and for which time you are looking to use the product.
- Q Hi the diet fuel ultralean is it suitable for vegetarains.
I have checked the nutritional information; it does not state 'suitable for vegetarians' on the label. This might be because 'may contain traces of crustaceans' is included as part of the allergen information.
Usually, if a product is not certified as being suitable for vegetarians, it may contain trace (animal-derived) ingredients, or be produced in an environment which also manufactures products unsuitable for vegetarians, e.g. those which contain gelatine.
- Q Hi there,
I am about to start taking the ultralean diet fuel shake 2 times a day to replace breakfast and lunch, can you recommend a suitably healthy dinner to have with it for my 3rd meal and am I allowed any healthy snacks in between during the day such as fruit? I am also gyming it 3-4 times a week for 1 hr 30 mins at a time.
Indeed. Why don't you try a poached (or grilled) chicken breast with a small portion of brown rice and steamed vegetables? Grilled salmon fillet (or steak) with sweet potato wedges and salad is another option; Chilli Con Carne made with Quorn Mince or lean minced beef and lots of added vegetables (chopped peppers, carrots and courgettes work well), served with brown rice; you could try a similar recipe to make a Bolognese (with wholewheat spaghetti or gluten-free substitute), or Cottage/Sheppard's Pie with a butternut squash/sweet potato topping.
Vegetable omelettes can also be the basis of a great meal. You could also try a small, lean steak with plenty of vegetables and mashed swede.
Berries with Greek or natural yogurt (mixed with protein powder if preferred) is a good option for dessert. A couple of squares of dark chocolate and a small glass of red wine (if desired) are great, also.
Fruit is fine, eaten in moderation (around three portions daily). Berries are ideal, as are stone fruits (plums, peaches, nectarines and apricots).
I you find these ideas helpful.
- Q Hi wens best to take diet fuel before exercise or after and how many should u take per day thanks
For best results, it is advisable that you consume two-three servings daily; one post-exercise, and the other(s), to bridge any nutritional gaps, such as mid-morning or afternoon.
It can be used as a meal replacement, but personally speaking, it is perhaps more appropriate to reserve this for convenience purposes; developing long-term healthy eating and exercise habits, and utilising Diet Fuel as a recovery product and a healthier alternative to snacking.
- Q Hi,
Can I take this supplement even without going to the gym? What if I will just make some exercises at home and take this supplement? Looking forward to hearing from you!
If you are using Diet Fuel to replace a meal which would normally have more calories than a diet fuel serving then yes this can be taken without exercise but in order to get the best out of any supplement then exercise would be highly recommended.
If you are consuming this product with no alteration to your diet then there could be an increase in weight. It will only work if it replaces a higher-calroie meal.
- Q Hi,
well am interested in using USN Diet Fuel Ultra-Lean..i just wana knw before asking my question does this product have any sideeffects... well i workout 3 times a week well i wanted to loose fat and gain muscles...can i skip eating meals and drink this fuel thrice a day..or can you recommend me how to use this product ..thanks
It has no side effects and is a completely natural product. This is a low calorie meal replacement but we never recommend skipping meals for a shake, we just say if a meal is not at hand then it can be supplemented by a shake but not permanently replaced.
- Q Hi, I've been drinking USn diet fuel ultralean for about a week now. I must say it tastes really good and curbs cravings. My concern though is the sweetness of the shake, does it not hinder with weight loss?
No this product is designed to still have a weight loss effect if consumed with a balanced diet and training programme.
- Q Hi. I am using diet fuel ultralean in conjunction with CLA pure 100 and Phedra Cut ultra XT. I have the shake with fat free milk at 10:15 and 15:00, an apple or other fruit at 12:30 and a protein and veg or salad dinner at about 18:30. I swim about 2km, 3 to 4 times a week. What can i expect to loose a week on this programme? I am 30 kg overweight.
That depends on your exercise regime intensity as well as your genetics, we would suggest a loss of around 2lbs per week is healthy and sustainable. We recommend cutting out fruit and replacing with vegetables if you can as the sugars in the fruit can spike blood sugar level which can lead to weight gain.
- Q Hi. I would like to know if 2 scoops mean 2 of that measure as come within the shake ?
And, usually i go to gym at evenings...so, is better i drink before or after workout ? if i drink after, can i use like replace dinner ? And, i have to drink in days that i don`t go to gym ? thanks so much.
The supplements will come with a scoop inside and the serving sizes on the tub are in reference to that. Consume immediately after training and it can be replaced in place of a meal should you not be able to get to proper nutrition. On days off we recommend having 1-2 servings depending on the food you have for that day.
- Q Hiya,
I have just purchased this shake and I want to make sure I use it correctly. I dont necessarily need to lose lots of weight, I just need to sightly trim down and tone up. I currently go to the gym 3 times a week and do exercise classes. This is usually in the evening so is it advised that I take a shak before and after the gym?
Any advice would be great,
I would advocate taking one serving of Diet Fuel Ultralean post-gym; another, whenever you feel 'peckish', to ensure you are getting an adequate proportion of protein in your diet. This might be mid-morning, for example.
I hope you find this information useful.
- Q I am currently about 25-30 kilos overweight and been told by a fitness instructor to use USN diet fuel in addition to my meals which are calorie controlled. low in fat and carbs etc. is it better to replace an actual meal with this supplement instead? Also, I work out three days a week... should i use this only on/before workouts on workout days or every day? Thanks.
It is designed to replace a meal (or two) and then have 1 or 2 reasonable meals in addition per day.
You can use it any time to replace any meal or two meals on non-training days. You may want to replace the meal that usually comes after your workout to take advantage of the quality protein in the product.
- Q I am overweight by 15 kilos,can I reduce weight by just drinking dietfuel,I eat a low calorie food everyday
No. You must combine it with a calorie controlled diet and EXERCISE. Its easy to stick it on but you have to WORK to get it back off.
- Q I really want to drink this but hate the taste, can I mix it with more water or milk to dilute it? Will I get the same benefits?
Yeah to dilute it mixing it with more liquid you will taste the product less and will still reap the benefits, be careful with how much milk you put in though because remember it contains lactose which is still a sugar.
- Q I started usn diet fuel today, I need to lose some weight but not sure how to use it
You mix it as directed on the label and you can either have it in place of one meal or two of them in place of two meals and then eat a well-balanced meal or two. So each shake you have counts as one of your 3 meals. Eat at least one good food meal per day.
- Q I want to lose weight so i would be having the shake in the place of one or two meals of mine per day.I just wanted to know if i can have tea or coffee?
Yes you can have tea and coffee.
- Q i will start to use trhe shake tomorrow, can i have the shake to replace breakfast (my cereal). is there an eating plan that goes with this?. if i stop tkaing the shake once I've reached my goal weigh, will i pick up weight very quickly?
Yes, replace 1 to 2 meals per day with a shake and eat normally otherwise - no snacks and no excessive sugars, carbs, bad fats, etc and this will work very well.
If you go back to the habits that caused you to gain fat previously, then yes you will gradually gain the weight back. If you exercise regularily, this is a great way to avoid gaining fat but also cleaning up your diet may be necessary in addition - some combination of diet or exercise modification will be necessary.
- Q if i have at least 2 shakes a day and maintain a low calorie diet , for example a snack for tea is that ok? will i loose weight !
Each individual is different when it comes to decreasing body fat.
By replacing some of your carbs or fat with protein in your diet you should consistenly lose weight.
You should be aiming to lose 1 - 2 kilos a week and if you follow a calorie controlled diet and regular exercise program then you should be on the right track.
- Q im on medication for blood pressure.(amlodipine). but need to lose some weight.
is this safe to use,with me having blood pressure.thanks.
I can think of no legitimate reason why Diet Fuel would be considered unsuitable for use if you are taking medication to treat hypertension. If anything, I would say that embarking on a new health regime comprised of regular, moderate exercise and sensible eating habits would prove beneficial.
However, it is always best to seek approval from your GP before making any significant changes to your lifestyle.
- Q Is this safe to take in conjunction with Type 2 Diabetes medication? I have type 2 diabetes as does my son who used this with no side effects but he isnt taking medication for it yet. I am currently taking Glucophage - an extended release metaformin (500mg) twice a day.
We strongly recommend you contact USN direct to be 100% sure as they are the manufacture.
- Q Should I drink it before or after a workout? And how long, for example... 30 minutes after a workout?
Taking within thirty minutes post-exercise is ideal, to help replenish amino acid levels and enhance muscular recovery/repair.
- Q This has been recommended to me by a friend im not sure what exercise to do with this. Would walking be enough for it to work ?
It's a low calorie meal replacement designed for people wanting to drop bodyfat or weight. This works very well with a good training and diet regime.
- Q Was wondering if I can also use met rx creatine while taking usn ultralean? Was worried need more energy for phase 2 of Insanity.
Yeah you can use creatine with Ultralean no problems. Be sure to follow instructions to ensure you are getting the best from the product.
- Q When should the diet fuel shake be taken ( before or after gym) for effective results in weight loss ?
Any time of the day in between meals and post workout depending on your requirements.
- Q will i lose weight if i drink it but dont go to the gym?
Unfortunately it’s not that simple. If you are eating a well balanced healthy diet but also under eating your daily maintenance level of calories then yes you will lose weight but you will lose weight quicker if you can participate in some form of exercise 2-3 times per week for around 40-60 minutes.
- Q I purchased Diet Fuel ultralean and i jog to gym and gym from about 5am until 5:45am which is an hour considering the jog. I am trying to loose weight as well as gain lean muscle so my QUESTION to you is when would be the best time to take my 2 scoops for optimal results? Thanks
For best results, consume Diet Fuel Ultralean as a recovery product, post-workout; drink (ideally) within twenty to thirty minutes after training.
You can take an additional serving during the day: for breakfast, or mid-morning/afternoon, say, as required.
- Q Hello,
I currently workout about 4-5 times a week (classes + lifts) and watch my diet. I would like to lose some weight and perhaps gain more lean muscle. Would the product be enough to help me tone up or convert the extra weight to muscle mass? I do not want to get really big as I am short.
Yes, Diet Fuel Ultralean will function as a meal replacement product/protein supplement which can help you to achieve a more balanced nutritional intake, if consumed in conjunction with an otherwise healthy diet. It will not cause you to put on weight (it is in fact, designed to facilitate fat loss) if taken correctly.
Muscle mass increase is achieved through intense training with a sound eating plan to support this process. The body cannot 'store' protein as a result of its surplus dietary intake; weight (fat) gain is the result of consuming calories/carbohydrates that are extra to the body's energy needs.
I hope this answers your question.
You might also consider a branched-chain amino acid (BCAA) supplement, to further aid recovery and the development of lean muscle mass. You could try USN BCAA Power Punch 400g, £29.99.
- Q hello if i drink DIET FUEL morning (Break fast time) and at lunch time. And have good indian meal around 8:00 clock. Do exercise 3 times a week. will i be able to loose weight 2 kg in a week ?
The answer depends upon your body weight, lean muscle mass, genetics, current diet and how long and intensely you would exercise. Also, you could lose 2kg of fat and gain 2 kg of muscle and so not lose any weight, yet look better for it. So this is an impossible question to answer accurately. In general, this would be possible if your current diet has significantly more calories than you'd be consuming with the shake meal plan.